11150 Santa Monica Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90025 US
- Record & reconcile financial transactions accurately and in a timely manner for all management companies & upper tier entities.
- Review and approve vendor invoices in PayScan and Procure to Pay
- Assist in the preparation of audit schedules and provide necessary documentation
- Review financial statements, general ledgers, and supporting schedules for joint venture entities prepared by property management companies.
- Prepare joint-venture level financial statements and property-level financial statements (Historical GAAP/tax basis) for lender reporting requirements.
- Assist in preparing consolidated financial statements (GAAP FMV) for investor requirements.
- Collaborate with the investment team to prepare cash flow projections and assess capital needs.
- Assist in preparing budgets, cash flow projections, draw schedules, loan draws, capital calls, and distributions.
- Coordinate with institutional investors to facilitate capital calls for capex and operating shortfalls.
- Prepare contribution and distribution calculations and distribute notices to institutional investors.
Tax and Compliance:
- Work with external tax specialists to ensure REIT compliance, quarterly REIT testing, and Taxable REIT subsidiary (TRS) reporting.
- Provide information for audits, tax preparation, and appraisals, and ensure accuracy of data and output.
- Monitor daily cash positions and forecast cash flow for liquidity management.
- Prepare, review, and present internal financial reports, conduct variance analysis, and document differences between actual results and budgets/underwriting.
- Prepare waterfall calculations quarterly and for new investments/dispositions.
- Prepare a weekly cash outflows report for the controller/director to review.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a Related Field; CPA preferred.
- 2-3+ years of previous fund accounting/property accounting roles required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel (Power Pivot, Sumifs, Lookups, Index/Match, Regular Pivot Table, etc.)
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Real estate, private equity, and/or alternative investments experience, particularly in fund accounting.
- Experience working with Yardi software (Voyager - Commercial Menu, Investment Management, Elevate - Construction Manager, Elevate - Forecast Manager, Voyager Job Cost) is a plus.
Meet Your Recruiter
Christopher Brunson, MBA
Chris has joined Alliance Resource Group following 14 years of progressive experience in Financial Planning & Analysis. This real world experience, along with his Bachelor's Degree in Finance from Cal Poly Pomona and his MBA From C.S.U. Long Beach, provides Chris with a great background to service his clients and candidates in a very personal way. Chris enjoys recruiting because it grants him the opportunity to interact with and learn about people, their goals and what motivates them in life.
We thank Chris for his service to the country; he spent a combat tour in Iraq as a Sergeant in the U.S. Army. On a free day, Chris would enjoy a hike with his dog Spartacus followed by a beach day with his friends and family.