Sr Internal Auditor
200 Sandpointe Ave, Suite 700 Santa Ana, CA 92707
ARG is partnered with an international publicly-traded $250M+ tech/manufacturer, located in Costa Mesa, CA. Our client is in search of someone brilliant and motivated to be part of this team. What makes this different from other internal audit positions is that this role will be a value-add to each business unit and be a true partner to the leaders of each group. The opportunity for growth is unlimited (whether in internal audit, Corp accounting, or finance). This position is open because the incumbent transitioned to a different function within the organization...
Young, dynamic, fun, and exciting! This department sits at the corporate headquarters in Costa Mesa and will work alongside the leaders of each business unit.
- $80-95k base + 5-10% bonus + Discounted Stock options (15% discount w/ option to backdate up to 6 months.
- Phenomenal benefits and perks + excellent hours (rarely in excess of 42/week).
About the position:
The Senior Internal Auditor will be responsible for financial and operational audits including Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) documentation, testing, and remediation, as assigned. This position will promote internal control awareness, understanding, and compliance, as well as perform research, analysis and assist with projects as needed. The Senior Internal Auditor will report to the Manager of Internal Audit.
Essential Job Functions:
- Participate in audit risk assessment and audit plan development activities
- Support and perform the company’ s Sarbanes-Oxley 404 activities in assigned areas with direct responsibility for process walk-through, testing, and communication of results of the company’ s assessment of Internal Controls over Financial Reporting.
- Organize and present meaningfully detailed reports to communicate the results of an audit to company management.
- Advise business partners regarding risks, internal controls, and process improvement opportunities during projects.
- Provide support for external auditor reliance on internal audit work for SOX compliance, as well as quarterly and year end audits.
- Conduct operational audits, identify process improvements and facilitate remediation of issues as assigned in the Internal Audit plan.
- Support special projects as required, such as due diligence reviews, fraud investigations, etc.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Manager or Vice President of Internal Audit.
Required Education, Experience, Skills:
- Bachelors' Degree - Business related field (Accounting or Finance preferred)
- Obtained or in process of obtaining CISA, CIA, or CPA
- 2-4 years of internal/external audit and general accounting experience
- Strong analytical skills to assist with research, analysis and projects on an ongoing basis.
- Self-starter and inquisitive.
- Effective interpersonal skills, ability to build working relationships across functions and with third parties such as contracted internal auditors and external auditors.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from all levels in the organization.
- Highly motivated, energetic and possess a natural curiosity to learn, while coachable and a team player.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills required.
- Big 4 or public company experience (preferred)
- Manufacturing industry experience (preferred)
For immediate consideration, please email your resume directly to Brad at BChamberlin(at)AllianceResourceGroup(dot)com