Sr Manager, Revenue
6100 Center Drive Suite 1000 los angeles, CA 90045
Global Technology company in West LA is looking for a Senior Revenue Recognition Manager to join their accounting team. This position is responsible for leading the revenue recognition and accounting activities.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Lead the current revenue recognition under U.S. GAAP guidance to Accounting Standards Codification 606 “ Revenue from Contracts with Customers” (“ ASC 606”).
- Review current revenue recognition process/procedures and implement process improvements to improve efficiency and timeliness of reporting.
- Develop the appropriate control environment surrounding the revenue recognition process and maintain all required SOX documentation.
- Review revenue contracts, identify deliverables, and allocate contract consideration to the separate units of accounting. Document conclusions.
- Provide monthly revenue recognition journal entries to applicable business units while ensuring accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end close.
- Oversight of deferred revenue balances and all revenue and related cost accounting accruals.
- Maintain all needed account reconciliations.
- Maintain and enhance processes used to generate deferred revenue data and VSOE/TPE/BESP values.
- Interface with business leaders and act as a resource in all matters surrounding revenue recognition including the impact of forecast/potential transactions and the drivers of actual revenue performance.
- Provide periodic training to business units on various revenue recognition topics.
- Interface with both internal and external auditors in support of audit procedures.
- Maintain Xylem revenue policies and update as deemed necessary.
- Complete special projects as needed.
- Act as liaison to various stakeholders within the company (ex. FP&A and legal functions).
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough understanding of current revenue recognition standards under U.S. GAAP
- Minimum 2 – 3 years of people managerial experience required.
- Proficiency using Excel to summarize and analyze data including use of pivot tables.
- Problem-solving, analytical skills and the ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Position requires high attention to detail and a desire for continuous improvement.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and a professional attitude and demeanor.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work both independently and collaboratively, manage multiple projects, and prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
- Experience preparing process narratives and flowcharts is a plus.