Sr Staff Accountant
2803 Colorado Ave santa monica, California 90404
Nationally known e-commerce and retail client in Silicon Beach is adding new positions due to the amazing growth of the company.
Currently, this team is looking for new Senior Staff Accountant to report directly to the Corporate Controller with short-term promotional opportunities.
Senior Staff Accountant will have 3-5 years of accounting experience with a strong proven track record in general accounting, the monthly close process, and account reconciliations. Essential duties and responsibilities are the month-end close process and maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the general ledger, including sub ledger to ledger reconciliations and account reconciliations.
The Senior Staff Accountant is responsible for maintaining accounting policies and procedures that ensure the highest level of efficiency while maintaining appropriate internal controls and compliance with US GAAP. This position reports to the Accounting Manager.
This opportunity will appeal to someone who thrives in the fast paced, growing company and enjoys the challenges of developing a solid corporate foundation. As the organization grows, so will the demands of this position. The ideal candidate is a hands-on individual who is happy to roll-up their sleeves and move between responsibility levels. You must be able to work well independently as well as in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Ensure all transactions are accounted for in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Balance sheet reconciliations such as bank reconciliations, fixed assets, prepaid accounts and accruals.
- Assist with the implementation of controls, policies and procedures to support the rapid growth and expansion of the company.
- Drive process improvement and identify opportunities for cost savings.
- Minimum 3-5 years of progressive general accounting experience.
- Hands on GL experience.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting.
- CPA preferred.
- Knowledge and thorough understanding of US GAAP.
- Industry knowledge preferred.
- Strong business acumen and logical problem solver.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work with diverse groups of people.
- Strong proficiency in Word, Outlook and advanced level Excel skills.
- Industry experience preferred but not required.
- Mobile Internet, e-commerce, telecommunications or related business environments are desirable