Staff Accountant (Consumer Products)
PO BOX 5 2 1 4 IRVINE, CA 92656
Our client is a growing, International Consumer Products company and due to growth has created a new a Staff Accountant position! This role will support the operational accounting functions and develop more into the general ledger and month end close.
· Prepare journal entries for the month end close covering areas in the balance sheet, accounts payable, accounts receivable, G&A and payroll
· Manage accounts payable process in addition to expense reporting in Concur
· Assist with financial statement preparation and intercompany reconciliations
· Preparation and filing of sales tax returns, and other local tax returns.
· Reconcile bank reconciliations for US business
· Work with finance team on a variety of financial and accounting projects.
· Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Economics
· Minimum 3 years accounting experience and strong knowledge of GAAP
· Proficiency in medium sized accounting system (Netsuite, MAS-200, Great Plains)
· Advanced Excel and data extraction and manipulation skills (strong familiarity with v-lookups and pivot tables)
· Well organized, strong attention to detail, excellent communication skills
· The successful candidate will be flexible and fully engaged and will have an “ ownership” attitude