Staff Accountant / Bookkeeper
Westchester, CA 90045
Our client is a stable real estate firm and they have added this position due to growth. The CFO is looking for someone with solid operational accounting experience but gladly mentor in other areas of accounting!
The specific responsibilities are, relative to all properties handled:
- Work on the month-end close including journal entries, reconciliations (bank, balance sheet and GL)
- Manage Accounts Payable and process expense reporting
- Support client billing and related Accounts Receivable transactions
- Daily Deposit Reconciliations
- Review reclassification of expenses, adjustments, voided checks and manual checks for accuracy.
- Coordinate preparation of Year End 1099s and 1096s.
- Maintain Capital expenditures, and submit period capital expense draw packages
- Work with Assistant Controller on Month End reports and financial preparation.
- Assists with compiling documentation requested for lenders, auditors, and any other stakeholders, as needed.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- 4-8 years of strong accounting experience
- Experience with real estate accounting is a plus
- strong understanding of accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Bachelor' s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Excellent written and oral communication skills