150 5th St Huntington Beach, CA 92648
ARG is partnered with a $75M consumer goods/e-commerce company based in Huntington Beach, in search of a Staff Accountant.
As the Inventory Staff Accountant, you will play a critical role in accounting and reporting for various elements of inventory and Cost of Goods Sold. You possess a strong knowledge of applicable cost accounting concepts, supply chain finance, and US GAAP financial statements. While you' re data driven and system-savvy, you also demonstrate strong cross-functional collaboration, communication, and analytical skills to influence decision making in planning and execution of strategic initiatives.
- Assist in month-end close process for inventory-related balance sheet accounts, cost of goods sold, and other assigned General Ledger accounts, as necessary.
- Book monthly journal entries and prepare related account reconciliations.
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation of end of month physical inventory reconciliations.
- Play a hands-on role in the day-to-day inventory accounting operations and work closely with cross-functional groups to develop and maintain processes, procedures and policies.
- Coordinate and monitor physical inventory count process across warehouses and retail showrooms; reconcile results against financial system and investigate discrepancies.
- Support annual audits with external auditors, assist in internal control documentation.
- Act as a key finance partner in implementation of the company' s ERP system, focusing on inventory management and warehouse management.
- Consistently evaluate areas for process improvement.
- Bachelor' s or higher degree in Accounting required; CPA required
- Minimum 1+ years relevant accounting experience; inventory accounting highly preferred
- Experience in consumer products and/or retail industry preferred
- Excellent communication skills; proven ability to communicate effectively with internal and external business partners at various levels
- Proactive self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced environment and an ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet pressing deadlines
- Attention to details, strong analytical background
- ERP system experience strongly preferred
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills required; must be comfortable working with and analyzing large data files