4 Park Plaza, Suite 1950 Irvine, California 92614
Staff Accountant - Our client in Irvine is looking for a strong accountant who is confident in Excel and has 1-2 years of corporate accounting. This role will assist the Seniors in financial reporting and balance sheet analysis.
- Assist in the completeness and accuracy of all consolidated financial reporting, journal entries and account reconciliations for the month end close
- In connection with the month closing, ensure accuracy of intercompany transactions, elimination entries, and expense allocations as appropriate
- Participate in the quarterly and yearly budget/forecast preparation and AOP
- Actively contribute to the development and research of global accounting policies to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Actively participate in year-end audits and quarterly reviews, including preparation of audit support schedules and related requests.
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or CPA in process
- 1-2 years experience in public accounting or private industry – supporting complex transactions for a publicly traded company
- Strong understanding of US GAAP
- Experience with corporate accounting including: month end close, financial reporting, balance sheet analysis and technical research
- Budget/forecasting and variance analysis experience
- Excel – including macros and pivot tables
- Strong attention to detail