2652 McGaw Avenue Irvine, CA 92614
We have partnered with a State of the Art Technology Company in their talent search for a strong, and confident Staff Accountant. This is a Temporary position with the possibility of hire!
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES & CORE FUNCTIONS
- Perform daily accounting department functions including:
- Review & Post A/P and Manual Check Batches
- Review & Post Cash Receipts Batches
- Prepare Bank Reconciliations for Disbursement & Deposit Accounts
- Perform various monthly accounting department functions
- Prepare month end Journal Entries and Accruals
- Prepare G/L account reconciliations
- Perform Income Statement and Balance Sheet variance analysis
- Assist in maintaining accurate document filling system of Accounting Department Records
OTHER FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- In order to maintain a balanced workload and meet accounting deadlines in a timely manner employee may be required to assist in other day-to-day accounting functions including:
- Accounts Receivable - including cash application and bank/treasury activities
- Invoicing / Billing support
- Accounts Payable support including, but not limited to:
- Process AP Invoices
- Process check runs and manual checks
- Filing AP invoices, batches and journal entries
- Perform other related duties as required
- REQUIRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Education & Qualifications
- BS Degree in Accounting or related field
- 2-3+ years of work experience in Accounting
- Mix of Public / Private Industry accounting preferred
- CPA preferred
- Excellent PC skills including advanced MS Excel skills
- Experience in MAS 200, Microsoft AX or similar ERP System Preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to work with all levels of management and employees
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Exercise critical-thinking methods to identify and solve problems.
- Strong analytical ability
- Must display excellent Time Management in meeting deadlines
- Must be a self-starter, well-organized and result oriented
- Ability to maintain confidentiality concerning financial and employee files
- Enjoy a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
Team Member must also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Honest and trustworthy
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Flexible, versatile and demonstrate strong work ethics
- Deadline Oriented
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Light physical effort equal to frequent lifting or moving of lightweight materials.
- Regularly required to sit or stand, bend and reach.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually medium to low.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: $33.00 to $36.00 /hour
Application Questions You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?