216 Promenade Walk Suite 300 Long Beach, California 90802
Rapidly growing consumer products company is seeking a Staff Accountant to join them on an interim basis (with the possibility of going permanent). This individual will be a key contributor reporting directly to senior management. This company offers amazing company culture and the opportunity to learn from very talented individuals on the finance and accounting team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform the bank reconciliation process for the company’ s bank accounts.
- Assist in the month-end close process including journal entries, GL review, reconciliations and AP/AR
- Manage the daily sales and open order report for internal reporting purposes
- Oversee cash management by reviewing status to determine if any transfers or borrowing needs need to be made
- Prepare financial statements such as cash forecast report, open order report and net sales/margin reports
- Review invoices for approval and coding
- Review budget vs actual reports and explain variances
- Tax calculations both domestic sales tax and Canadian GST tax.
- Ownership of the trial balance report
- Provide support on the external audit, maintaining and providing the required support documentation for the year-end and interim audits.
- Identify and implement process improvements that will simplify and/or enhance financial processes.
- Provide monthly and ad-hoc reports along with supporting schedules as required
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Accounting
- 3-5 years Accounting experience
- Strong Excel skills including the use of Pivot Tables and V-lookups to work with large data downloads
- Experience with ERP systems (not just QuickBooks)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Possess fundamental accounting skills
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented with strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and participate in projects
- Flexible/adaptable to constant change and scheduling needs to meet deadlines
- Proven ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to work on projects and prioritize and execute concurrent assignments
- Ability to function in a fast-paced ever-changing environment