21250 Hawthone Blvd Suite 800 Torrance, CA 90503
Our client is an international medical device company and due to growth created a new a Staff Accountant position! This role will take over responsibilities from the Senior Accountant and Accounting Manager and will supports all product lines in the US!
· Prepare journal entries for the month end close covering areas in the balance sheet, accounts payable, G&A and payroll
· Manage accounts payable process in addition to expense reporting in Concur
· Assist with financial statement preparation and intercompany reconciliations
· Preparation and filing of sales tax returns, and other local tax returns.
· Prepare bi-weekly payroll processing and month end journal entries
· Reconcile bank reconciliations for US business
· Work with finance team on a variety of financial and accounting projects.
· Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Economics
· Minimum 3 years accounting experience and strong knowledge of GAAP
· Proficiency in medium sized accounting system (Netsuite, MAS-200, Great Plains)
· Advanced Excel and data extraction and manipulation skills (strong familiarity with v-lookups and pivot tables)
· Well organized, strong attention to detail, excellent communication skills
· The successful candidate will be flexible and fully engaged and will have an “ ownership” attitude