400 E Orangethorpe Anaheim, California 92801
Our client is a $500 million+ consumer products manufacturer and distributor located in North Orange County. The company is extremely profitable, has a great culture and an amazing leadership team. We are looking for a senior accountant to round out their accounting team. This position will see all aspects of the financial statements and will assist with the month-end close, financial reporting, and special projects.
The right candidate will have a minimum of two to six years of full cycle accounting and will have a Bachelor' s degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage the month-end closing process including preparation of journal entries and review of balance sheet reconciliations.
- Perform variance analysis and account reconciliations
- Stay up to date on accounting rules and regulations that may relate to the company
- Propose and process monthly cash activity entry, temporary labor entries, employee expense entries and others as needed
- Review and post monthly purchase cards expenses
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual government Census reports
- Weekly review of all Accounts Payable checks paid < $5, 000
- Process weekly electronic deposit of manual checks
- Process weekly FedEx payments and coding of invoices
- Prepare summary, supporting and reporting schedules for general ledger accounts and financial transactions
- Prepare audit schedules and respond to audit inquiries
- Communicate effectively across the company to research and resolve problems
- Ability to propose process improvements and work with a team to implement change
- Maintain internal controls to ensure safeguarding of company assets and adherence to company standards
- Ad hoc requests, reports and other projects as assigned
- Consistently deliver the best in customer service. As an employee, demonstrate respect, dignity, kindness and empathy in each encounter with customers, visitors and other employees.