Statutory Reporting Manager
Orange, CA 92868 US
This role requires a solid understanding of Statutory Accounting Principles including following latest emerging guidance from the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (“NAIC”). The position will work closely with the Accounting team in performing all aspects of statutory filings
Job Title: Statutory Reporting Manager
Job Overview: The Statutory Reporting Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of statutory reporting, ensuring compliance with applicable accounting standards, laws, and regulations. This role involves overseeing the preparation, review, and submission of financial statements and other required statutory reports.
- Financial Statement Preparation and Review:
- Oversee the preparation, review, and consolidation of accurate and complete financial statements in compliance with relevant accounting standards and local regulations.
- Ensure adherence to established accounting policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Compliance and Regulatory Reporting:
- Interpret and stay updated on accounting standards and regulatory requirements to ensure compliance.
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure accurate and timely submission of statutory reports to regulatory bodies.
- Internal Controls and Process Improvement:
- Develop and implement internal control processes to safeguard financial data and ensure compliance with statutory requirements.
- Continuously assess and improve reporting processes to enhance efficiency, accuracy, and effectiveness.
- Audit Coordination:
- Act as a liaison with external auditors during financial audits, providing necessary information and support to facilitate the audit process.
- Address audit findings and implement recommended improvements to enhance the quality of financial reporting.
- Financial Analysis and Interpretation:
- Conduct thorough analysis of financial data, identifying trends, anomalies, and potential areas for improvement or risk mitigation.
- Provide insightful financial information and reports to support strategic decision-making within the organization.
- Communication and Stakeholder Engagement:
- Effectively communicate financial results and insights to internal and external stakeholders, including executive management and board members.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure alignment of financial reporting with organizational objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a related field. CPA, ACCA, or other relevant professional certifications preferred.
- Extensive experience in financial reporting, accounting, and compliance, with a focus on statutory reporting.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, financial regulations, and relevant accounting standards (e.g., GAAP, IFRS).
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and project management skills.
- Proficient in using financial software and tools for reporting and analysis.
- Strong leadership and team management abilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and meet tight deadlines.
Meet Your Recruiter
Mark Lucas, MBA
Growing up in Rainy Portland Oregon, Mark always wanted to live by the beach in sunny Southern California. After he finished his undergraduate degree in Business Administration with a Finance Concentration from Portland State University, Mark made the move out here and has never looked back. Mark joins Alliance Resource Group after owning his own business for 5 years. He chose recruiting because of his ability to help people and give the access to opportunities that they may not have been able to find on their own.
Mark was a 4-year scholarship athlete and played football for the Division 1 NCAA Portland State Vikings. His perfect day would be at the beach bodysurfing, followed by some spicy Mexican food.