Supply Chain Finance Analyst
40 Pointe Dr. Brea, CA 92821
Provide analysis of the supply chain network including procurement, transportation, logistics analysis, distribution costs, forecasting and tracking of savings programs. Establish metrics and gauge performance to industry standards. Participate in the collaborative effort of all supply chain functions to deliver Operation' s strategic plan.
Provide operational and financial/cost analysis support for Supply Chain. Forecast annual spend based on market indicators and communicate to sales and cost accounting. Coordinate annual operating budgets including COGS, Transportation and rebates. Track performance against budgets.
Perform accounting supervision for the Transportation department. Review transaction performed in the field and oversee the month end close. Review freight rates and compare against industry bench marks. Provide freight cost for quarterly standards changes. Manage Transportation budget and track savings programs.
Provide support to Operation' s business plan and Supply Chain' s involvement such as plant expansion or contraction, network optimization and SKU rationalization. Work with Operations to track savings and performance to established programs.
Establish standard distribution goals and costs for Operations. Use the Business Intelligence system to provide analysis and track performance of distribution departments.
Coordinate Supply Chain initiatives that require financial analysis. Act as project manager to define objectives, set success criteria, and verify results.
- Bachelors degree, preference with an emphasis in Accounting or Finance.
- 18+ months finance or accounting experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with ERP systems (JDE, SAP, etc.)
- Expertise in MS Office (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint), including data warehouse (i.e. Oracle BI).
- High degree of accuracy with numerical transactions.
- Strong attention to detail, superior organization skills, strong oral and written communication skill required.
- Requires the ability to act independently with a wide variety of internal and external personnel.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and tasks, and to meet critical deadlines is essential.
This position requires full understanding of supply chain and manufacturing processes. Must have the ability to perform necessary research to explain cost factors and a plan of action to achieve desired results. Equally important is the ability to communicate attained knowledge to supply team(s).