315 East Canon Perdido Street Santa Barbara, California 93101
This is the opportunity of a lifetime for an 10-15 year Tax whiz. Our client is a boutique CPA firm seeking a high performing Tax professional, ideally out of a small to mid-tier firm, preferably someone at the Manager or Senior Manager level. Client is looking to transition a portion of their existing book of business and once proven, provide an ownership opportunity to this individual. This would almost never be possible, but one of the two Partners wants to retire and ensure his clients are in good hands. The firm is growing organically and the team is at full capacity, so this individual would likely be given the option to make Partner, once proven.
What we need:
- Seeking a Tax Director for a boutique CPA firm, specializing in Tax for Business, Trust, and High net worth individuals.
- Candidates should be entrepreneurial, critical thinkers, and highly energized, with excellent communication and supervisory skills. Our client offers competitive compensation, benefits and advancement plans, with a strong commitment to flexible schedules and work-life balance.
- Provide tax planning and compliance services for high net worth individuals, businesses and trusts
- Conduct multi-state tax filings
- Manage a book of business
- Serve as a trusted advisor, offering clients industry expertise and knowledge
- Work closely with engagement teams to continually add value to clients
- Train and mentor tax associates
- BA or BS in Business, Finance or Accounting
- CPA certification is required
- 9+ plus years of experience serving high net worth individuals, business owners and their businesses, and some trust work
- Experience with various business entity types is required
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and client relationship management skills
- Strong research and analytical skills