Irvine, CA 92614
Our client is a fast-growing, dynamic real estate company that is looking for a strong Tax Manager/Director to oversee all tax matters on both a Corporate and REIT level.
The company has been experiencing double digit growth rates over the last several years and has no intention of stopping. The company is well capitalized, very profitable and has attracted some of the best talent in the industry.
If you would like to join a talented team and have the opportunity to work directly for the CFO in this high profile position, then this opportunity might be for you!
Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer, the right candidate will serve as the subject matter expert regarding all matters of tax for the company and their REITs.
Your activities will include the responsibilities below. But the majority of your time will be spent researching/analyzing US Tax & REIT matters and managing US tax and REIT compliance.
- Oversee all tax reporting matters in connection with quarterly earnings release including managing external auditor’ s request and review quarterly tax provisions to ensure adequate tax reserves have been established.
- Coordinate and oversee the collection of information requested in processing US tax compliance to ensure timely and accurate US tax return filings and payments with all appropriate US tax agencies.
- Work closely with Accounting to understand financial statement reporting for separate legal entities, including regular review of accounting system and financial statement information to ensure integrity of the reports for all company' s tax entities.
- Work closely with the CFO and provide in-house tax advice to other departments with respect to: acquisitions or dispositions, capital market transactions, Joint Ventures, and tax structuring.
- Coordinate with external tax preparers on calculation and payment of withholding taxes on quarterly distributions from partnerships in compliance with regulatory state/composite withholding requirement.
- Coordinate and correspond with taxing authorities in U.S. regarding various notices to ensure accurate regulatory records of all entities.
- Manage and maintain tax basis and depreciation schedules for taxable income projection and US tax compliance
- Work with CFO on corporate tax budget
- A bachelor’ s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- At least 8 to 10 years of corporate tax experience, including public accounting.
- Solid experience with and working knowledge of partnership and corporate taxation with a focus on real estate companies.
- Real estate investment trust (REIT) experience.
- Working knowledge of FAS 109, FIN 48, FATCA and Fixed Asset System.
- Strong computer skills, including familiarity with MS Windows, Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Solid organizational skills and great attention to details.
- The ability to achieve goals and work independently as well as to manage the external third-party tax advisors.