16485 Laguna Canyon Rd 3rd Floor Irvine, CA 92618
ARG is partnered with a highly regarded CPA firm specializing in clients (both public and private), ranging from $50M to $700M in revenues, spanning across all industries including:
- Real Estate / REIT' s / PE firms
- Manufacturing & medical device
- Consumer products / Retail
*Our client takes pride in never working their team more than 55 hours/week during busy season by proactively hiring top talent. More than 70% of the team are ex-Big 4 members, and during the interview process you will get to meet the team members above and below you to learn first hand about the people, hours, culture, and growth potential at the firm. It' s truly unlike any other.
Tax Senior Accountants perform most work assigned with a minimum of assistance. They often lead one or more Tax Staff, instruct them in work to be performed, review the work done, and direct necessary revisions. Seniors are required to make decisions on all but the most unusual accounting and tax matters.
- Prepares various tax returns for federal and state returns for partnerships, C-corporations, S-corporations, individuals and performs in-depth research.
- Responsible for tax compliance and client management to include direct client contact as directed by management.
- Assist clients with IRS audits, responses to tax notices or other returns needed to achieve outstanding client service.
- Demonstrates competency in technical skills, work quality, and application of professional and Firm standards.
- Meets time constraints and client deadlines.
- Directs and instructs staff and semi-seniors, where applicable, in work to be performed.
- Suggests client tax planning ideas to supervisor, manager, or Partner.
- Proactively takes ownership of projects, seeing them through to ultimate completion & delivery to client.
- Prepares other reports, projects and duties as may be assigned.
- Punctually enters time and expenses daily to support efficient billing processes.
- Begins to develop referral sources, which may include involvement in community, business and professional organizations.
- Increasingly builds knowledge base of the Firm’ s industry lines and service offerings
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in use of computers and accounting & tax software programs.
- Well-rounded knowledge of current taxation codes and regulations.
- Ability to organize work and projects, prioritize and meet deadlines, and to complete work in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Ability to reason and effectively multi-task.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Supervises staff accountants and assistants with assignments, instructs them in work to be performed, reviews work done and directs necessary revisions.
- Proactively shares knowledge and takes ownership of developing people.