Technical Accounting Advisory Manager
Los Anglees, CA US
Looking for strong Financial Audit professionals for several levels of positions in Irvine and Los Angeles
Our client is a Specialized Consulting Firm focusing on technical accounting adoption, SEC Reporting review and IPO readiness including due diligence and SOX control review. They are expanding rapidly and looking to hire individuals at the Senior Audit to Senior Manager level with complex SEC clients.
Excellent work/life balance and flexibility to work remotely (hybrid)
Responsibilities would include (but not limited to)
- Internal/External Financial Reporting, Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis, Complex and technical accounting issues, Account Analysis and Reconciliation, Month-End Close, SOX/Internal Audit
- Flexibility and openness to work on a variety of assignments, industries, and roles.
Ability to learn quickly, make an immediate impact, and provide value-added service
- High energy and enthusiasm.
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Confidence in professional aptitude and ability to effectively convey skills, knowledge, and qualifications to clients.
- Team player with a strong desire to be an active, long-term participant in the growth of the company
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification, or progress towards, is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years (for Senior) & 5 years (for Manager) experience in Public Accounting. This includes at least 3 busy seasons in external audit with a Big 4 or large CPA firm. (This is MUST). Please do not apply to position if you do not have a Public Accounting Background
- Excellent analytical, technical, and auditing skills including proficiency in U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Financial Accounting Services Board (FASB) rules and standards.
- Strong computer desktop skills required. Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (i.e., macros, pivot tables, etc.) desirable.
- Demonstrated career progression and job stability.
- Senior’s who possess the majority of professional qualifications:
- Managers / Director who possess the majority of professional qualifications
- Bonus and potential overtime
- Very generous health plan – for individual as well as family
- 401k match
- Work life balance is strictly adhered to within this firm
Meet Your Recruiter
Born in Hollywood and raised in Los Angeles, Kyle was destined to be a star. When that did not work out, he did the next best thing and became a recruiter. After graduating from California State University, Long Beach with a bachelor’s degree in finance, Kyle began his professional career working in accounting as an Assistant Controller and Controller for several companies in the surf industry. After a number of years working in accounting, he became an entrepreneur and developed two successful coffee-house locations in Orange County where he was the CFO (and head barista).
In 2003 Kyle again shifted his career and became a financial recruiter in the Bay area with a large national staffing company where he was responsible for building successful recruiting teams. Kyle joined Alliance Resource Group in 2009 as a Recruiting Manager.
Kyle is a proud parent of two girls, Maya and Sage, whom are attending college in San Francisco, CA and Paris, France. In his spare time, Kyle loves to fire up the BBQ after a good surf session.