Treasury Cash Manager
2652 McGaw Avenue Irvine, CA 92614
Medical Device company in the Irvine area is looking for an Interim Treasury Cash Manager to join their team. This individual will support the team for approximately 3 months and has the option of turning into a full-time position. This is a great company and place to work and they are looking for someone that can thrive in a fluid environment, and someone who is a self-starter and positive team member. Lots of opportunity to learn and grow in your career.
Objective: To assess, monitor, plan and manage the efficient utilization of cash and financial services in a manner consistent with the objectives of the Company.
- Understand, manage, and supervise all aspects of cash flow.
- Forecast daily cash requirements and execute daily financing decisions.
- Manage all aspects of In-house investment portfolios.
- Direct, monitor and trade investment portfolios including Working capital, High-Yield, Escrow, and other portfolios.
- Manage long-term and short-term investment strategies.
- Determine the Company’ s goals and risk tolerance.
- Determine the Company’ s tax position and the applicability of taxable/non-taxable instruments.
- Assess risk/return tradeoffs in guidelines.
- Assess performance benchmarks and recommend changes when warranted.
- Review and recommend changes to the investment policies based on the market conditions.
- Prepare or monitor company’ s various cash flow forecasts and perform financial modeling.
- Evaluate, develop and implement cash management systems to optimize efficiencies.
- Understand and manage appropriate accounting procedures and processes.
- Manage relationships with financial service providers.
- Monitor bank service fees and address quality issues.
- Conduct benchmark studies of banks and their services to evaluate whether it fits Granites requirements.
- Meet with cash management banks to plan cash management vs. Granites needs.
- Evaluate alternative long-term borrowing strategies and make recommendations in accordance with the capital structure guidelines.
- Manage, direct, and develop Cash Management staff.
- Recommend, implement and maintain process improvements.
- Provide technical and other support for mergers and acquisitions and other projects as needed.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting/Finance.
- CTP designation strongly preferred.
- MBA desired.
- Extensive experience in preparing cash forecasts and cash flow analyses.
- Experience in the preparation of financial schedules and SEC filings including some disclosures.
- Experience in building complex financial models to evaluate various financial plans.
- Experience in presenting and preparing proposals to recommend new products/services.
- Experience leading, coaching and developing staff.
Required Skills, Knowledge & Competencies:
- Knowledge of investment portfolio strategy, banking, and financial instruments.
- General knowledge of GAAP and reporting requirements for investments and other financial instruments.
- Knowledge of treasury software expertise a plus.
- Advanced analytical, organization, and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced spreadsheet and modeling skills.
- Excellent collaboration, verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to break down problems into meaningful parts and come to rational and well-thought out conclusions.
- Demonstrated strong project management skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Interested in process improvement.
- Willing to adapt quickly to quick changes in direction.