VP Accounting & Finance | $60M Distribution | A+ culture - family-owned!
17150 Newhope Street #209 Huntington Beach, CA 92646 US
Alliance Resource Group has partnered with a rapidly growing Logistics/Distribution company that is looking to add a rock-star VP of Accounting & Finance to help lead the transformation of their accounting department. This will report directly to the CEO and operate as a key business leader- responsible for general accounting, cost control, asset management, budgeting/forecasting and business decision support.
This individual will play a critical role in strategizing with senior leadership to position the business for financial growth and efficiency, and to ensure that the company meets or exceeds its financial commitments.
This is a $60M+ family-owned business that has been successfully growing and expanding for the last 20 years. A few selling points:
- Company culture is excellent.
- Company has zero debt and excellent cash flows
- This position will be given full autonomy to create, build, automate, and integrate technological advances
- Their culture is built on loyalty, trust, and respect for each other.
About The Role:
- Work closely with ELT to improve financial reporting, metrics, budgeting/forecasting, and improve processes where possible.
- Oversee monthly accounting close process and timely and accurate reporting of financials.
- Ensure statements correctly reflect the company’s financial position in accordance with GAAP.
- Review financial results and key financial metrics. Assess and quantify risks, monitor the execution of deliverables, recommend and implement action necessary to improve profit and financial position.
- Support the development of annual Business Plan and monthly Profit & Loss forecasts, including monthly margin forecasts.
- Evaluate Capital Expenditure requests and validate return on investment.
- Perform pricing analysis and audit to ensure compliance to the company's Pricing Policy.
- Support functional leaders to achieve Productivity/Cost Improvement commitment. Proactively promote cost and headcount controls.
- Effectively manage Working Capital with focus on Inventory, Trade Receivables and Trade Payables.
- Evaluate financial processes and systems to drive continuous improvements in efficiency, internal controls, and reporting capabilities.
- Maintain internal accounting control and SOX compliance. Support internal and external audits.
- Responsible for staff development, training, evaluation, coaching and succession planning. Create a workplace that fosters teamwork and strengthens communication within and outside the department.
- Participate or lead special projects as required.
- Responsible for compliance with all federal, state, payroll, and other applicable taxes.
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Accounting. Minimum of 5 years of Management-level Accounting and Finance experience. CPA / MBA / Public accounting experience a plus.
- Experience working in a logistics/distribution company preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to thoroughly understand a business's strategy and determine linkages to financial initiatives and drivers.
- Experience managing people, projects, and tasks ensuring appropriate responsiveness and priority. Demonstrated ability to lead, develop, and retain associates within the finance organization.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels within the organization and influence processes across multiple functions and stakeholders.
- Highly computer proficient, including advanced capabilities with Excel.
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiting Manager - Orange County
After receiving his bachelor’s in accounting with a minor in economics from Cal State Fullerton, Brad went to work as an auditor for PricewaterhouseCoopers. Brad really enjoys networking, so becoming a recruiter was an easy decision. When asked what he likes best about recruiting he replied, “The satisfaction of seeing the people we place being promoted and our clients becoming long-term trusted partners. It’s a great feeling when your candidate becomes a client by way of promotion.”
Brad is our only recruiter that can land a 360 flip on a skateboard and break 80 on the golf course. Impressive! If Brad had a free day, he would want to spend time with friends doing something competitive.