VP of Accounting and FInance
18191 Von Karman Ave Ste.300 Irvine, California 92612
Our client is one of the fastest growing and most profitable real estate investment companies in Southern California. The organization has an amazing track record over the last 8+ years and its future is even more bright.
The company has a fantastic culture that is a blend of top notch professionalism and flexibility. Executive management is phenomenal - you' ll not only find great leaders but strong mentors.
We are actively looking for a Vice President of Accounting and Finance for the organization' s REIT. This position will be responsible for the oversight of accounting, internal reporting, external reporting and management of staff.
The organization is looking for a talented financial executive that has strong technical skills, great management experience and strong problem solving skills. Although real estate experience is helpful, the organization' s primary goal is to find extraordinary talent that is willing to learn and adapt.
Responsible for complex accounting and/or clerical duties of a broad nature in support of accounting functions. Reviewing monthly/quarterly financial statements in accordance with GAAP with all supporting documentation. Ensuring compliance with all policy and procedures and Sarbanes-Oxley. Responding to any inquiries received from management, acquisitions, asset management and external auditors. Leading and interacting with a team of professional associates.
Essential Job Duties
- Assist in the preparation of SEC filings including Form 10Q, 10-K, 8-K, S-11, POS AM and 424B3
- Work with auditors in their review of the financial statements and SEC filings.
- Perform the quarter-end consolidation, and prepare the statement of cash flows, EPS calculation, and equity statement needed for the 10-K/10-Q filings.
- Review and analyze property level reporting packages.
- Continuously update the model/forecast/budget which is used and reviewed by various senior management, lenders, the board of directors, broker dealers and due diligence firms.
- Prepare and analyze account reconciliations.
- Calculate asset management fees.
- Prepare journal entries with supporting backup for the corporate entities.
- Interact with SOX auditors.
- Prepare debt covenants.
- Update policies and procedures.
- Prepare technical GAAP Accounting memos.
- Assist with ad hoc reporting and other special projects, including developing policies and procedures and SOX documentation.
- Work with lenders and banks to handle debt and cash management issues.
- Coordinate various property audits.
- Interact with valuation specialists and review ASC 805, Business Combination, reports.
- Review marketing material to ensure numbers presented are accurate and have been previously disclosed in prior SEC filings.
- Administrator for Cashpro, AvidExchange, MRI and Chatham Financial.
- Manage day-to-day accounting operations including accounts receivable, accounts payable, treasury and general ledger.
- Review and approves invoices/wires based on the approval matrix.
- Handle all aspects related to the derivatives including coordination of the quarterly valuations performed by Chatham Financial.
Other Job Functions:
- Hire and train of new staff.
- Preparation of annual performance reviews of staff.
- Coach and mentor staff.
- Organize monthly Accounting staff meetings.
- Assist in the improving of departmental efficiencies
Skills, Education and Experience
- BS and/or MS degree in Accounting or related field
- CPA with 4+ years experience, “ Big 4” preferred
- Excellent knowledge of US GAAP, SEC reporting and Sarbanes-Oxley
- Excellent accounting, financial reporting, and written and verbal communication skills
- Managerial experience leading large teams
- Self-starter with strong planning and time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent follow-thru skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Real estate experience preferred but not required