Vice President, Property Accounting
18191 Von Karman Ave Ste.300 Irvine, California 92612
Our client is one of the fastest growing and most profitable real estate investment companies in Southern California. The organization has an amazing track record over the last 15 years and its future is even more bright.
The company has a fantastic culture that is a blend of top notch professionalism and flexibility. Executive management is phenomenal - you' ll not only find great leaders but strong mentors.
We are actively looking for their Vice President of Property Accounting for the organization' s public REITs. This position will manage five direct reports (all Directors) with another 40 indirect reports and a portfolio of more than 600 properties.
The organization is looking for a talented financial executive that has strong technical skills, great management experience and strong problem solving skills. Although real estate experience is helpful, the organization' s primary goal is to find extraordinary talent that is willing to learn and adapt.
Compensation: $140-160k plus 20% bonus - depending on experience. Also has the opportunity to receive bonuses during liquidity events!
Specific duties include:
- Review journal entries to record in accordance to GAAP with supporting backup for:
- Corrections/Adjustments noted during reconciliation and analysis
- Post Closing Entries
- Lease Inducements
- Insurance Analysis
- Oversee new property set-up. (Bank Accounts/MRI)
- Review and preparation of Acquisition/Disposition related entries and all supporting documentation.
- Oversee reconciliation of inter-company accounts for any acquisition related expenses.
- Review and assess accounts receivable collectability and bad debt reserve.
- Review and approve the ASC Topic 840, Leases, (straight line) for newly acquired properties.
- Review and approve lease abstracts.
- Review and approve recoveries.
- Prepare loan abstracts.
- Review the ASC Topic 805, Business Combinations, prepare fixed asset entry and ensure proper classification and recording into the fixed asset system.
- Review of monthly/quarterly financial reporting packages.
- Balance Sheet reconciliation schedules
- Rent Roll analysis
- Flux analysis
- Review and approve of financial covenant packages for financial institutions.
- Assist in setting up and preparing property budgets.
- Interface with various departments to resolve reconciling items and technical accounting issues.
- Recognize and analyze potential issues or conflicts and recommend corrective action.
- Assist in audit process - quarterly and year-end audit schedule preparation.
- Interact with Internal/External Audit regarding issues and providing support.
- Review Year-End CAM reconciliations.
Other Job Functions:
- Hire and train new staff.
- Preparation of annual and bi-annual performance reviews of staff.
- Coach and mentor staff.
- Organize of monthly Accounting staff meetings.
- Assist in the improving of departmental efficiencies.
- Ten to fifteen years of progressive accounting experience with a minimum of five years in a management role
- Bachelors in Accounting/Finance or equivalent with CPA highly desired
- Experience working for a publicly traded company with a firm understanding of public reporting requirements and SEC compliance
- Real Estate experience desired BUT NOT MANDATORY