Vice President Finance
660 Newport Center Drive 200 Newport Beach, CA 92660
This position will provide strategic leadership and coordination of company financial planning and business analysis function, while partnering with business leaders to ensure company objectives are met and capital is effectively deployed.
- Oversee, recommend, develop, and manage financial benchmarks for measuring operations.
- Develop, analyze, and interpret accounting and statistical information to report operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget and other matters relating to the fiscal soundness.
- Prepare and analyze financial statements and monthly utilization reports. Be able to interpret and explain reasons for fluctuations.
- Provide ad-hoc financial analyses and recommendations related to medical management and initiatives.
- Provide strategy, oversight and monitoring of contracting strategies.
- Ensures timely and accurate budget analysis and financial review for executive team.
- Partner with department leaders to develop annual business plans.
- Manage the preparation of all financial reports, near and long-term financial outlook and forecasts, and critical KPI’ s across the business.
- Develop, implement, and enforce short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures by way of internal controls and systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the company.
- Participate and lead cross functional finance initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Finance or Accounting, MBA and CPA strongly preferred.
- 7 - 10 years of successful experience in the health care industry.
- Expert financial modeling and analytic skills with ability to effectively engage across all levels of the organization.
- Comprehensive knowledge of GAAP and health care regulatory issues.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to communicate with all levels of an organization.
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations relating to publicly funded healthcare programs.
- Strong experience and knowledge budgeting, forecasting, rolling budgets, and product-line profitability analysis.
- Experience in health care contracts preferred.
- Small and large project/program orientation.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight time frames and simultaneously manage several projects.