Vice President of Finance
Long Beach, California 90802
VP of Finance - Apparel - Long Beach
Our client is a fast growing, dynamic apparel company located in Long Beach. The brand originated in Europe but has moved their corporate headquarters to Southern California. The company' s goals are to grow aggressively in North America while continuing to dominate internationally.
This position is the top finance position in the company and reports directly to the CEO/President. The company is investor backed and part of a larger portfolio of brands.
Essential Job Functions
- Develops, manages and prepares all company budgets by business unit, which shall include working with department managers in the preparation of budgets and forecasts.
- Develops, manages and prepared all company forecasts by business unit
- Provides written analysis as required by Senior Management related to trends seen in budgets and subsequent forecasts
- Provides cash flow assessments, in order to properly assess liquidity
- Prepares all periodic financial statements by business unit, which compare actual month and YTD performance versus budget, forecast and prior year
- Prepares written analysis of business unit performance, to address material differences between actual performance, budget, forecast and prior year
- Prepare written analysis on the balance sheet, to address material differences between actual performance, budget, forecast and prior year
- Prepare written analysis of cash flow and liquidity, to address material differences between actual performance, budget and forecast
- Review and ensure the accuracy of the financial statements. Work with the Director of Finance to ensure the information generated is consistent with US GAAP.
- Responsible for generating monthly financial statements. Working with the New York based accounting team to finalize the monthly trial balance and ensure the accuracy of accounting sub ledgers.
- Responsible for generating the Consolidated monthly financial statements and quarterly reporting package.
- Responsible for managing monthly inventory levels. Working with European and US management teams to minimize risks of accumulating excess and obsolete inventory.
- Monitor all licenses and leases to ensure full compliance of all contractual terms and conditions.
Other General Duties
- Responsible for being a key system user and working to develop improved reporting from the company ERP platform
- Responsible to be a key part of seeking improvements in supply chain management
- Responsible to develop and maintain financial controls, policies and procedures that are designed to control and safeguard company assets, including proper control over all inventories.
- Partner with President to help drive and maintain the brand Critical Path.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining Long Beach office to support US Brand Functions
- 4 year degree in related field, CPA a must, MBA desired.
- 10+ years of experience in a Wholesale and Retail branded apparel company, as Controller, Director or VP of Financial Planning and Reporting, or its equivalent.
- Understanding of the proper financial budgeting, subsequent forecast development and financial analysis of reported results
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Proven leadership skills, with an appreciation of the importance of teamwork, and the ability to develop individuals and build a team
- History of success in leading, influencing and persuading people who are not direct reports to attain company/business goals
- Exceptional problem solving/decision making skills
- Effective organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Computer skills - proficient in Word, Outlook, Excel, and ERP Financial Reporting Software